17.12.08

Possible Change in Tax Law impacts artists


Artists, Museum Curators and Collectors, you may find the following article interesting. It illustrates that a new tax law is being considered which would allow Artists to donate their work for it's value rather than the cost of materials. My association with the new ArtSpace Herndon art center (gallery and event space) in our town has made me more aware of the issues that Arts organizations face - including different types of limitations on cheritable contributions that might help the organization. I'm curious to know your thoughts. Drop me an e-mail after you read the article from "The Art NewsPaper" (click this link)

My husband quickly photoshopped this image as I mentioned needing a photo of people donating art and was laughing the whole time. Good thing I married for love =)