3.6.08

Artist Studios

Check this blog in a few hours for more STUDIOS!!!


Today, I posted an arbitrary photo of my upstairs studio on my blog :
triciaratliff.blogspot.com and thought you might enjoy seeing the way different artists set up their studios. So, the next few blog entries will be committed to that purpose.

This one is my studio while working on a still life using a combinations of classical and contemporary realist techniques. My current studio is beautifully lit so this fabulous hand carved box helps control the afternoon light on the objects.

This month, we'll be setting up my primary studio downstairs. What a great space! I wish I had noticed sooner how flowing and soft the light is. I'll keep a secondary studio space upstairs for my more spontaneous somewhat expressionist paintings but use the lower studio as a controlled light environment.