5.5.08

Music & Art

Music can stimulate creativity when painting or be a distraction when our favorite radio station is having a heavy "talk" day.

Here's an alternative I am currently trying.

www.Pandora.com

The website asks you to enter the names of artists you like and then instantly starts playing music in that genre without interruption. If you start to hear songs that you really like or don't like, you can give a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down". Within a few sounds, the site learns what you like or don't like and adjusts to your tastes.

I'm finding it to be great studio music because there is no CD to change, I don't have to be my own DJ and it's commercial/talk free.

It took less than 8 seconds to set up and start listening. 30 minutes later, I realized I had spontaneously set up 5 channels for my different music moods.

Try it and let me know what you think.
Oh ... it's also free.