25.4.08

Confession and new project


Ok. Whew! - I confess - it isn't as easy as it looks. When I set out to create this blog, I thought "I see something new and interesting every day. Why not capture and share it?" Well, it turns out that I see about 1 new thing every week that makes me stop and exclaim "Wow - that informs/inspires me as an artist and I have to save that somewhere". The good news is that *you* readers seem to be having a similar experience as you occasionally encounter new things and send them in. This is good stuff. Please keep it coming for everyone's benefit. I don't post everything. Instead, please be encouraged to keep sending items because I do choose to post about 1 out of 15 cool, unusual, art related items you send. Often, it's the "Now who would have thought of that ..." criteria that gets my attention.

But today ... I got nothin!

So, I digress to focusing on what's happening in my little world. Here's the "Likeness" project I'm working on. It's a series of 10-15 miniature portraits on 6x6 tiles completed in only a few weeks to exercise my ability to accurately capture different likenesses. At the end, I'm hope to get a picture of many of them because they look kind of cool lined up together in a row with no barriers.

Enjoy.

Contact me if you'd like to be included in the project.